Sunday, April 5, 2009

There's No Place Like Home!


Homesickness is getting on my nerves these past few days no matter how I try to get rid of it.
It must be inevitable for a first-timer like me not to feel this way.

As a solution (I think?), I made a random list of the things I miss in my hometown.


1). Chicken Joy from Jollibee - the best.

Need I say more? The chicken skin is crunchy as they say. It tastes just right. The chicken is so juicy. Waaahhh... Nakakamiss...

2). Gravy from KFC

Of course, there are KFC stores here in Singapore. But, I am telling you,
Nothing beats the gravy we have in the Philippines.
I don't have any idea what ingredient/s they add in the gravy that makes it so addicting. Yummy!

3). Gimmick every friday with friends

Here's one of the things I miss doing when I was still in the Philippines. Every Friday, we go to our friend's place for overnight stay to drink, to eat, to sing, to bond, to update each other with office gossips. Hahahaha!

When we are not at our friend's place, we dine out at Congo Grille in El Pueblo or we drink in Atchie's or in Metrowalk. When we are all drunk and sober at 4am, we go to Starbucks for some coffee. We go home when we are not intoxicated anymore and that would be around 6am :D

4). My Mom's Dishes

My mom is the best cook ever! Yes, I firmly believe. I am her #1 fan when it comes to cooking. Sad to say that I did not inherit her cooking abilities :(

5). Videoke

Unlike in the Philippines, you can sing until the wee hours with your magic sing. Here, you cannot. Otherwise, cops will be at your door a few minutes after you started singing.

You may go to karaoke lounges but it's sooo expensive

I miss the Philippines. I miss the traffic. I miss my loved ones. I miss the crowd.

I miss the good old days.

Truly, there's no place like home.

2 comments:

  1. i know what you mean about KFC gravy. iba ang gravy dito sa Pinas. plus with tice pa diba! sa ibang country kasi walang rice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dito sa tokyo, kfc doesn't have gravy din! and we dont have jollibee. i miss my jolly hotdog and spag! ;-)

    ReplyDelete