Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Choosing the Perfect Baby Name.

Oops! Don't congratulate me yet.
I am not yet going to be a mom anytime soon.
It's just that lately, I've been spending time thinking of babies' names.

Hubby and I had an unwritten agreement that he will pick the names for the boys.
I get to choose the names for the girls.

However, at the back of my mind, I am hoping to just have 3 boys.
No girls. Don't get me wrong.
Who wouldn't want to have a mini-me?
But I am soooo scared to have girls especially a lot of things are running through my mind
when I think about my daughter/s becoming teens.

I still leave it all in the Lord's hands.
As long as the babies are born healthy, I am a-okay with that. In fact, super okay. 

Here's my 8 Baby Names for my boys and for my girls.

For my boys:

1. Kurt
Is of German origin, meaning A bold counsellor.
It's not because of the meaning why I like this name. Names starting with K, appeals to me.
Not to add the fact that Hubby is a fan of Kurt Cobain.

2. Liam Wyatt
Liam is of old German origin, which has various meanings.
It means will, desire and helmet, protection. 
On the other hand, Wyatt is of English origin which means brave/strong/hardy war.
This combination is very masculine, don't you think? :-)

3. Lucas Sebastian 
Lucas comes from biblical word which means Lucius, luminous, white.
Sebastian is of Latin origin which means Venerable.
I love the name Lucas, with a c, not k. It's also a popular name but not overused.

4. Jacob Isaac 
Jacob is of Hebrew origin, meaning, Held by the heel. 
Isaac is also of Hebrew origin which means laughter.

For my girls:

5. Arabella 
Name with bella in it, to me is very feminine. I love it.
This name means A beautiful altar and is of Latin origin.

6. Lili Margaret 
I find this combination very cute. :-)
I initially want it to be spelled as Lily but the meaning and spelling of Lili looks nicer and cuter. Agree? :-)
Lili means Consecrated to God.
Margaret is pronounced as MAR-gret. It is of Greek origin, and the meaning of this name is "pearl".

7. Dana Annika
I love these names very much.
Both are very unique.
Dana has various origins and meanings.
My most favorite meaning is of Danish origin, a very rare pearl. Symbol of exceptional beauty.
While Annika means favored by God.

8. Zia Margaret
This name is also a cute combination, right? :-)
Zia is of Arabic origin, which means Splendour or ripened grain.

Whew! 
In two year's time, I definitely would not be surprised when hubby and I will get into an argument on deciding our baby's name. Hahaha.

Care to share your baby's names?

No comments:

Post a Comment